Followers

Saturday, May 19, 2012

First Outing!


Last weekend, Dan and I attended the Birding Festival at the Great Dismal Swamp.  This was his first time doing anything normal after his heart attack and blood clot.  I couldn't resist taking this photo of him, looking at the canoe launch into Lake Drummond.  While there is nothing particularly spectacular about the shot, the fact that he is still with me, and able to get around at all, is a miracle and something I am thankful for every day of my life!  And, there was a reflection...


I am linking this to Weekend Reflections.

10 comments:

Brian King said...

That's great, Linda! I'm glad he's doing better. The outcome is definitely something to be thankful for! I hope you guys enjoyed the birding festival.

eileeninmd said...

Linda, I am so glad your Dan is doing much better. I am sure that was a scare. The doctors will be happy he is taking some walks. great reflection shot.

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

wonderful gift!
and beautiful life 'reflection'!
so haPpY for you both...

Carletta said...

Continued blessings Linda!

abhinavr said...

Happy to see him doing better :)
The reflection is also nice.

EG CameraGirl said...

Nice reflection. And it's wonderful that he's still around for you to enjoy. :)

Virginia said...

What a nice reflection. And I'm still laughing at The Great Dismal Swamp. Sounds like something out of a horror movie! :)
V

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Glad to see Dan is up and about and obviously feeling so much better, Linda. We take our health for granted and it usually takes a major scare to convince us that we need to actively look after it...

Kranky Granny said...

With all that is going on with my own health of late this is a very poignant post for me as well. My hubby is not coping very well with the new diagnoses and prognoses I have been given. Neither am I but I have to keep it bottled up for his sake.

I'm still here and we still have some time together and that is a biggie given what we are dealing with.

I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.

Nancy said...

So happy for you and Dan, Linda. I'm a bit teary-eyed right now... xoxo